Friday, March 5, 2010

Scar tissue


I haven't blogged about my robot arm for a long time but I have been thinking about it. My elbow has been healing nicely and I have almost my full Range of motion back!! woot woot... the only way anyone can tell that I have been in an accident is the semi-doozie of a scar on my left elbow.

Before I got to this point in the healing process I would have freaked out if you told me I would have had a scar (a tad bit vain... in a healthy way I suppose), but now I am Glad the scar is there, it reminds me of that faithful Halloween afternoon that began the chain of events that changed my perspective about many things in my life.

My perfectly pink scar reminds that when ever I think I just simply cannot do something (like touch my face or flex my bicep or move my arm at all) that if I keep trying and push myself I can.
It reminds that I have a great guy who is willing to take care of me when I cannot take care of myself (even when I am a complete asshole).
It reminds me that my parents aren't allll bad.
It reminds me not to sweat the petty things and life and think about what really matters.

So when I look at my scar I don't feel bad about it at all I see a reminder and a lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment