Thursday, August 27, 2009

HEY where am I gonna park my bike?



So as my readers know (the 2 of you that exist)I recently became more of an avid bike rider in the last few months. This has opened my eyes to some things our fair city is lacking.

On of those items on my list would be bike parking. This is especially true in heavily biked areas such as Wicker Park. To make matters worse, according to Time Out Chicago, by the end of the year 30,000 of the 36,000 parking meters are going to be removed.

So I ask Mayor Daley: How can you claim to be a great bike city if we have nothing to lock them to.. Please please install more bike racks! not only would it be more convenient but it also looks a lot nicer then random bikes chained all over fences and stop signs (you are alll about city beautification right?).

Ok vent session over...

No comments:

Post a Comment