Wednesday, June 3, 2009

just a thought....

I was taking a class last semester on politics and youth .. and read an interesting article about how youth nowadays has been prolonged until sometime in the 30's ... there is this new restless stage .. you have responsibilities and expectations and such but.. you are just not ready to settle down..

I feel it... there is the generational divide that is very clear when I am with my aunts and uncles and especially my grandparents. Questions about marriage and Children and such.. and the disapproving glances when I brush off their queries...

anyone who knows me is fully aware that I am not ready for ANY of those things (my allergies to children are quite severe) but just a generation ago, I would have been labeled an old maid by now.

I am on the long road when it comes to finishing school and while I think that it is awesome that most of my journey is complete with just a few years til i am done with my bachelors and masters (a lil more if i go to Law school) I am terrified about what that means...
where did they put that pause button on my clock.. and more importantly where is the pause button on my bio-clock... ACHOOO
dun dun dun!

1 comment: