Monday, June 1, 2009

More Silliness... Can you tell me where the TGIFridays is....


Dear Guests from small town America,
So if I am ever visting your city.. and you have a specialty .. like Amazing restaurants ... don't let me go to TGIfridays, Bennigans, or Applebees....

I swear don't you people watch Anthony Bourdain or Samantha Brown .. or read Zagat or trip advisor... Yelp maybe ... how 'bout a google search??? Maybe not..

Why do you want directions to "Fridays" .... they have that in Cairo Il, or Witchta or Hammond...
I understand about budget dinning... I'm not a rich woman ... but why not try a charming neighborhood cafe/ bar and grill or an Italian beef or chicago hotdog or Pizza...

Not to mention Pizza!!! NO I DO NOT HAVE A NUMBER TO DOMINO's!!!

Love,
Crystal
Your friendly neighborhood Concierge

4 comments:

  1. These people just want something "Safe". When you tavel x amount of miles with your stupid wife and shitty kids, you just want to go somewhere where you know you will probably not end up getting stabbed with a hypodermic needle full of bleach. These middle America assholes are as average as it gets and are scared of most things they are unfamiliar with. I think we have taken growing up in Chicago for granted. We pretty much know that if we want something, we know where to get it-no matter what it is and we know how much great shit Chicago has to offer. The places these people come from probably have a mall or two with the idea "variety" consisting of subway or quiznos.
    I have no real solutions. I know when I go out of town I like to go where the "locals" go, but thats not everyones cup of tea. What you need to do is create an alternative list of places these people can eat. Make it seem special for them by you suggesting an alternative. I know its not your career but it might make time go by faster at the job, and maybe even some extra tippage (pause).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have the list... they look at it and say where is subway/tgifridays/mcdonalds

    ReplyDelete
  3. then i don't know what else to do for them. just take comfort in the fact that although they are in essence, the same people, they wont be here for long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great open letter! I've been stopped on the street downtown and asked about these chain restaurants by many a tourist. I usually kindly ask them what they have a taste for and immediately direct them some place else. They usually thank me for it. :)

    HHP is right. Most folks want safe. They also want to eat the same damn thing repeatedly. They're comfortable with the same food. It sucks b/c they have no idea what they're missing.

    P.S. Love your yelps! :)

    ReplyDelete